- test :
As summer’s finally here, we at 24 Construction & Design want to provide you some help in beating the heat during these warmer months. While we may be experts in Los Angeles home, kitchen, and bathroom remodeling, we’re also capable of making your home cooler with just a few minor tweaks. As your Los Angeles general contractor, we’d like to give you a list of ten tips for keeping your home cool this summer.
Our Ten Tips for Keeping Your Home Cool
While turning on the air conditioner is typically the first thing that comes to mind when it gets hot at home during the summer, we at 24 Construction & Design would like to give you several other ways to keep your home cool without having to spend as much on air conditioning. These include the following:
- Crack your windows open at night to let the cool air come in.
- Leave your doors inside your home open. This will allow the cool air to circulate inside your home.
- Keep your blinds closed. A good amount of the heat that will enter your home does so through your windows; keeping your blinds closed will block out this extra heat and make your home cooler.
- Utilize the color ‘white.’ White will reflect light, meaning that if your home, roof, or blinds are white, they’ll keep your home cooler.
- Avoid using your oven or stove; they’ll only make your house warmer. Instead, use your grill to cook.
- Unplug any electronics that you’re not using. These produce heat and will only make your home warmer.
- Set your indoor fans to rotate counter-clockwise. This will create a wind-chill breeze that will keep your home cooler.
- Switch up the sheets of your bed occasionally. Doing so will help keep a room cool.
- Keep your house insulated. By putting in extra insulation in your home, you’ll be able to save money in the long run because the cool air will stay in your house during the warmer months.
- Plant some trees or shrubs to provide shade for your home.
Contact Your Los Angeles General Contractor Today!
If you’re looking for Los Angeles home, kitchen, or bathroom remodeling, you’ve come to the right place! Feel free to get in touch with us by giving us a call at (866) 344-4252. If you have any questions or comments, we encourage you to contact us. We can’t wait to hear from you!